Brattleboro Literary Festival, Oct.15 1-2:15 pm, Brattleboro, VT
I'll be in conversation with Emma Smith Stevens, author of "The Australian". After a short reading, we'll be discussing dark humor in literary fiction—how to balance levity and gravity.
Tivoli library, Tivoli NY, Oct 31, 12pm
I'll be Facebook live-ing with Belletrist's Karah Preiss and their October book pick's author, Samantha Hunt ("The Dark Dark"). We'll be taking Q&As live from Belletrist's socials!
Pete's Candy Store Reading, Nov. 2, 7:30pm Brooklyn, NY
I'll be reading with Marcy Dermansky, author of "The Red Car." 709 Lorimer Street!
- I joined up with my Belletrist family again to have a Facebook live chat with their October author, Samantha Hunt, whose story collection "The Dark Dark" has been one of my favorite reads this year. We talked birthing eye balls, effacement of the self, and a lot of other dark, dark stuff.
- The Greenwich Time did a really nice article about my recent visit back to my high school, Greenwich Academy, where I talked to creative writing students about what it's like to be a woman in the literary arts.
- I had a great time on the radio show "Techtonic" with Mark Hurst at WFMU discussing what the heck tech is for.
- A really interesting article on tech-bros and lady-bros and lady writers in Huffington Post looks at TOUCH, and three other big novels of this summer in "The Tech Bros Will Not Save You."
- TOUCH made O the Oprah Magazine's Editors' list as one of the 10 books you need to read before summer's end.
- TOUCH was featured in both the New York Times' T Magazine and Sunday Styles section in a piece about literary Instagram.
- Awesome ice cream social event Aug 8 7:30 with Ice Cream Books and Blue Marble Ice Cream! Info above
- Bestselling author Jane Green gave a shout-out to TOUCH in the New York Times Book Review "By the Book" section! Thank you thank you, Jane!
- Another awesome giveaway: you can win A LOT OF stuff! I've been a fan of Jane Iredale makeup for almost a decade. Putnam and Jane Iredale have partnered to giveaway $300 worth of product!
- We did a super fun #Belletrist wrap-up with producer Karah Preiss and fellow author Tim Manley live from the Facebook offices in NYC. Check it out here-- we fielded questions about the book live.
- We're running a great #giveaway with the savvy company "Beachmate" (which was founded by my friend of 20 years, Beatrice Mellick, a female entrepreneur and mother of FOUR!). All deets are on @mybeachmate Instagram. No purchase necessary to enter-- you can win signed copies of TOUCH and Beachmate bucks for you and a friend!
- In thrilling news, actress #EmmaRoberts and producer #KarahPreiss chose TOUCH for their book club, Belletrist. In the NYC Facebook offices, we did an interview about their choice.
- TOUCH received a rave review in The New York Times! It's also a New York Times Editor's choice!
- "The Happiness Project's" #GretchenRubin interviewed me about healthy (and non-healthy!) habits on her Pursuit of Happiness blog.
- Domino Mag chose TOUCH as one of 6 books you should pack on your honeymoon, and Pure Wow chose TOUCH as one of the top 6 books about NYC.
- TOUCH was mentioned in two stories about what celebrities are reading this summer: in W Magazine and Hello.
- The fashion label MM LaFleur invited me to chat about why I don't wear caftans to book events anymore, my sympathy for David Foster Wallace's emotional support bandanna, and that one belligerent self-published dude who always comes to your book signings.
- I talked with Electric Literature about why secondary dumbphones might help us curb tech addition and why #slowcommunication is poised to trend.
- My publisher, Putnam Books, is running a great sweepstakes called "Book Club for One" through June 12. You can win a copy of #TOUCHthenovel, a Diptyque candle, a Turkish towel, and more!
- Book Passage in Corte Madera, CA chose TOUCH as their June first edition book club pick! Hundreds of signed copies will be in store all month.
- In the "Breakthrough" episode of The Brandhole Podcast, Courtney talks with fellow namer Caitlin Barrett about naming, branding, and what, exactly, a Verbal Disaster Squad is.
- LitHub chose "The Cabins" as one of 5 retreats to attend this summer, and spoke with Courtney about why she founded it. They're also sharing the first chapter of TOUCH here.
- InStyle, The Miami Herald, BuzzFeed, 24 Hours Toronto, Fodors, Refinery 29, Bikini.com, O the Oprah Magazine, Bookstr, The Huffington Post, The Elite Daily, Time Magazine and The New York Post all selected TOUCH as one of the summer's best reads.
- TOUCH made the Indie Next list for June, 2017
- Going to #BEA? Enter a #self-care sweepstakes sponsored by my publisher. You'll get a copy of my book, a massage, Lyft rides, and more!
- Applications for my multidisciplinary creative retreat, #TheCabins are open now through June 1st. Find out more here.
- Publisher's Weekly chose TOUCH as one of 40 "Buzz Books" for 2017. You can download a free excerpt by clicking here! They also gave it a starred review.
Saturday, September 10
Slice Literary Writers Conference
"Writers Survival Guide" panel, 4:30 pm
Sunday, September 17
Brooklyn Book Festival
79 Franklin Street
Brooklyn, NY 11222
Sunday, October 15, 1pm
Brattleboro Literary Festival
In conversation with Emma Smith-Stevens, author of "The Australian"