Brattleboro Literary Festival, Oct.15 1-2:15 pm, Brattleboro, VT
I'll be in conversation with Emma Smith Stevens, author of "The Australian". After a short reading, we'll be discussing dark humor in literary fiction—how to balance levity and gravity.
Pete's Candy Store Reading, Nov. 2, 7:30pm Brooklyn, NY
I'll be reading with Marcy Dermansky, author of "The Red Car." 709 Lorimer Street!
- The Greenwich Time did a really nice article about my recent visit back to my high school, Greenwich Academy, where I talked to creative writing students about what it's like to be a woman in the literary arts.
- I had a great time on the radio show "Techtonic" with Mark Hurst at WFMU discussing what the heck tech is for.
- A really interesting article on tech-bros and lady-bros and lady writers in Huffington Post looks at TOUCH, and three other big novels of this summer in "The Tech Bros Will Not Save You."
- TOUCH made O the Oprah Magazine's Editors' list as one of the 10 books you need to read before summer's end.
- TOUCH was featured in both the New York Times' T Magazine and Sunday Styles section in a piece about literary Instagram.
- Awesome ice cream social event Aug 8 7:30 with Ice Cream Books and Blue Marble Ice Cream! Info above
- Bestselling author Jane Green gave a shout-out to TOUCH in the New York Times Book Review "By the Book" section! Thank you thank you, Jane!
- Another awesome giveaway: you can win A LOT OF stuff! I've been a fan of Jane Iredale makeup for almost a decade. Putnam and Jane Iredale have partnered to giveaway $300 worth of product!
- We did a super fun #Belletrist wrap-up with producer Karah Preiss and fellow author Tim Manley live from the Facebook offices in NYC. Check it out here-- we fielded questions about the book live.
- We're running a great #giveaway with the savvy company "Beachmate" (which was founded by my friend of 20 years, Beatrice Mellick, a female entrepreneur and mother of FOUR!). All deets are on @mybeachmate Instagram. No purchase necessary to enter-- you can win signed copies of TOUCH and Beachmate bucks for you and a friend!
- In thrilling news, actress #EmmaRoberts and producer #KarahPreiss chose TOUCH for their book club, Belletrist. In the NYC Facebook offices, we did an interview about their choice.
- TOUCH received a rave review in The New York Times! It's also a New York Times Editor's choice!
- "The Happiness Project's" #GretchenRubin interviewed me about healthy (and non-healthy!) habits on her Pursuit of Happiness blog.
- Domino Mag chose TOUCH as one of 6 books you should pack on your honeymoon, and Pure Wow chose TOUCH as one of the top 6 books about NYC.
- TOUCH was mentioned in two stories about what celebrities are reading this summer: in W Magazine and Hello.
- The fashion label MM LaFleur invited me to chat about why I don't wear caftans to book events anymore, my sympathy for David Foster Wallace's emotional support bandanna, and that one belligerent self-published dude who always comes to your book signings.
- I talked with Electric Literature about why secondary dumbphones might help us curb tech addition and why #slowcommunication is poised to trend.
- My publisher, Putnam Books, is running a great sweepstakes called "Book Club for One" through June 12. You can win a copy of #TOUCHthenovel, a Diptyque candle, a Turkish towel, and more!
- Book Passage in Corte Madera, CA chose TOUCH as their June first edition book club pick! Hundreds of signed copies will be in store all month.
- In the "Breakthrough" episode of The Brandhole Podcast, Courtney talks with fellow namer Caitlin Barrett about naming, branding, and what, exactly, a Verbal Disaster Squad is.
- LitHub chose "The Cabins" as one of 5 retreats to attend this summer, and spoke with Courtney about why she founded it. They're also sharing the first chapter of TOUCH here.
- InStyle, The Miami Herald, BuzzFeed, 24 Hours Toronto, Fodors, Refinery 29, Bikini.com, O the Oprah Magazine, Bookstr, The Huffington Post, The Elite Daily, Time Magazine and The New York Post all selected TOUCH as one of the summer's best reads.
- TOUCH made the Indie Next list for June, 2017
- Going to #BEA? Enter a #self-care sweepstakes sponsored by my publisher. You'll get a copy of my book, a massage, Lyft rides, and more!
- Applications for my multidisciplinary creative retreat, #TheCabins are open now through June 1st. Find out more here.
- Publisher's Weekly chose TOUCH as one of 40 "Buzz Books" for 2017. You can download a free excerpt by clicking here! They also gave it a starred review.
Saturday, September 10
Slice Literary Writers Conference
"Writers Survival Guide" panel, 4:30 pm
Sunday, September 17
Brooklyn Book Festival
79 Franklin Street
Brooklyn, NY 11222
Sunday, October 15, 1pm
Brattleboro Literary Festival
In conversation with Emma Smith-Stevens, author of "The Australian"